Thursday, August 13, 2009

Hey Anthony, I have some reservations.

I finally got around to re-watching the Rust Belt episode of Anthony Bourdans No Reservations, and this time I have time to comment...

HEY! TONY! I know that you have beef with Baltimore, you know, cause when you lived here you were a raging junkie-alcoholic ass-hat with no friends but do you really need to take it out on my 'hood? 

Don't get me wrong, I love you and your delightful snarky-ness on other shows, me and the Mancub thoroughly enjoy watching No Reservations on a normal basis...but you dropped that ball this round. 

Nothing makes me want to beat you with a bottle more then watching your "rust belt" episode. I'm sure if you had given us more then 15 minutes air time you could of afforded us the luxury of leaving the areas of Baltimore that are complete shit holes, way to only film in one particular area with a not so great track record.

Aside from Chaps Pit Beef, ( delightfully stationed next to The Gold Club at 5801 Pulaski Highway...let me tell you strip clubs aren't a fun or funny the next morning when your looking for your credit card) the other two places weren't really worth mentioning. 

Mo's seafood and The Roost?!  Thanks Tony, yes that's TOTALLY where I eat... Ok I'll admit I've eaten at Mo's. It was under duress and I think I drank my meal instead of chewed but if a born and bred Maryland girl wants a crab cake the respectable thing to do is MAKE IT YOURSELF! nothing makes a crab cake better then the battle scars you get from picking 20 steamed blue crabs, caked with old bay....you don't go to Mo's. 

What about Brewers art, The Charleston, Rocket to Venus, Woodberry Kitchen, Blue Moon Cafe ( Captn' Crunch french toast anyone?!) any of the tortillarias in Baltimore's teeny tiny missions district ?! Yeah, why go any place that a Baltimore person would actually eat.

And tony, I KNOW you've been here when you were sober, there are pictures of you at sound garden to prove it, there's delicious food real close to there... I know cause I've gorged on it. 

Though, I DO give you points for not dropping in on Duff Goldman at Charm City Cakes.... Cause their cakes are way to expensive and taste disgusting... but had you SKIPPED CCC and stopped next door at the dizz you would have gotten a delicious burger..Just sayin' Tony. FAIL.

No comments:

Post a Comment